Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Two Cents 2.0

As I venture into David Warlicks blog, I come across on the side panel a link to a post about First Year Teachers. This post was about Warlicks speech to a group of first year teachers in Phoenix, Arizona. This speech was about technology, blogs, and Web 2.0. Almost all of the first year teachers had not heard of many of the things that Warlick was talking about. Web 2.0 is something that most of us use now a days. If you use Facebook, instant messaging, and twitter than you know Web 2.0.
One of the things that I wonder as I would have probably been one of those teachers who did not know what he was talking about, is how prepared are we (future educators) for the future digital classroom? As I feel that I may know a good amount of technology, I feel that after reading his blog, maybe I could use more information on it. I guess this is why it is a major requirement for me to be taking this ETEC class!

3 comments:

  1. "I guess this is why it is a major requirement for me to be taking this ETEC class!" <-- thats amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good post Victoria! :) Nice cute blog also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your line, "I guess this is why it is a major requirement for me to be tacking this ETEC class!" I think there is a definite benefit for ETEC to be required for our class. As demonstrated in David Warlick's blog, technology has so many applications to education. I am so glad this class is preparing us for teaching. Now, if is common for babies to work technology much better than their parents do. This is not only a trend at home but in the classroom as well. With this class I hope that we are better prepared than these First Year Teachers. I also think it is important for us, as educators to continue to stay current with technology. I am sure that an outdated teacher might be the same as a first year teacher when it comes to technology.
    Shalece Kohnke

    ReplyDelete